Friday, September 17, 2010

Adventures with Allergies, Vol. 1

“I’m sick of following my dreams.
I’m just going to ask ‘em where they’re going
and hook up with them later.”
● M. Hedberg



● Awoke with an entire parallel galaxy crammed inside my nasal cavities, and the most peculiar sensation of falling every time I repositioned myself.
● At the gym, skittered through two languages before remembering the English for “good morning.” Now reasonably certain the bloke at the front desk presumes me a nutter.
● The world seems to exist in shutter speed, each frame skittering itself against the next in a peculiar array on which I cannot quite focus my perceptions.
● Operating on auto-pilot as my innards attempted to align themselves, mistakenly inquired to our box office girl, “How’s your day?” I typically do not employ that expression unless I actually care, as women consider it the prompt for a twenty-minute conversation. Spent the duration of the monologue mentally recapping the stocks I have earmarked for possible investment. If I can manage to navigate the website given my current precarious state.
● It’s only one o’clock. One can only imagine what else shall ensue.